Saturday, April 24, 2010

Tim Toone


Hello friends,

Well, the NFL draft is over...finally. And I could really careless who is first round, but the last pick is somethin' different. This year, the 255th over all pick, by Detroit, was Weber States (
I didn't know there was a state named Weber. Pronounced Weee-bur) 5'10" 185lb wide receiver Timmy Toone. Now listen neighbors, I really like this guy (ha ha, not that way) I don't know if he can make it in the NFL or not but I sure hope he does for the simple fact that he is a fast white guy with dread locks. I'm not quite sure why I like that but I'm not quite sure why I like a lot of the things I like. I like his attitude too. When asked about being the first Wee-bur State receiver to go over 3000 yards he said "...It just shows the accomplishment of our team...It just means we have (a) great line, great quarterback. You know, their out there doing their job..." There isn't enough of that kinda of attitude any more. Remember Barry Sanders? In college a reporter said to Barry "If you keep going like you are, you will be the greatest running back in the history of college football." Barry replied "Maybe we just have the greatest offensive line in the history of college football." (He played for the Detroit Lions also) And as for being the last picked, remember Thurman Thomas? He was thought to be a first round pick. ESPN had a live crew at his house to film the monument us occasion. Well, the first round came and went and Thurman fell asleep on TV. He was finally picked 40th in the second round. Thurman made a vow to make every team that passed him up sorry. I think he did. So, good luck Timmy, giv'um hell and make'um sorry, brother. I'm sure there all pullin' for you in the great state of Weber. (Where ever in the hell that is)


Heeeeere's Timmy!



and Thurman



and Barry



Adios,
~e~

Ps Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas both went to college at Oklahoma State University. (I know where the great state of Oklahoma is, but I still can't find Wee-bur)




No comments: