Thursday, April 22, 2010

Brian Parton and the Nashville Rebels


Hello friends,

Every time I get on a tangent about something (like my fight with Youetube) something will come along to make me realize how non-important it is. You see, I heard today that my friend Brian Partons sister, Lisa, past away. I haven't seen Brian in a while and I have been thinking a lot about him today. You know, if you never got to see the Nashville Rebels play you sure missed out. Their live shows always delivered. Brian is a great showman, a great singer, a great song writer, and a great guitar player. Dave 'Skin Tight' White is Tulsa's premier bass player, and Billy Earl 'Bad Ass' Padgett is the most entertaining drummer around. Together those two make the best rhythm section you have ever heard. The Rebels, in my opinion, were one of the best bands Tulsa has ever put out. They are up there with the Shakers, Steve Pryor and the Mighty King Snakes, and the Jim Strader Quartet. And you would find Lisa at most of the Rebel gigs dancing like crazy. And believe me, Lisa had no problem letting you know how great her brother was. Sisters are great fans. My thoughts are with Brian. Hang in there you rockin' m-m-m-mutha.

This is the first tune I heard by Brian Parton and the Nashville Rebels. I heard it on the juke box at Caz's, and I was hooked.



Please Don't Touch



I love the lyrics in the song.
...Were goin' out for an evening
gonna do a little sleezin'
where they rock like fiends...



http://www.myspace.com/brianparton1

If you see Brian out playin' somewhere tell him Eddy says 'hey' and ask him to tell you the 'Sex Machine' story. It's a riot.

Adios
~e~

No comments: