Thursday, May 20, 2010

Read This

Hello friends,

Well, now I've gone and done it. You see, I was looking at a friends Face Book photos and the caption under one read "Some one Photo Shop me some hair" My friend is noticeably thinning on top. So, I put a Pompadour and big sideburns on him. It looked so funny that I put a fancy white jump suit and some gold Elvis glasses. I didn't use Photo Shop (I use to have Photo Shop but you need a physics degree to work it and I'm a few hours short on that one) Instead I used Windows Paint, so the pic didn't look real, it looked like a cartoon. To me, that's what made it funny. I also did a Uncle Fester, Pipi Longstocking, Marilyn Monroe, and a Chippendale dancer. The photos I used weren't of just friends, they were friends I really care about. Well, I fixed up a photo of a guy who has been a friend of mine for a long, long, time. I took the photo and put a jacket and a cap on him of a sports team that he hates. I mean really, really, REALLY, hates. I put it on my photo page on Face Book and somehow it gets sent to a gazillion people. My friend came unhinged. I truly thought it was Innocent and had know idea he would come unraveled. Then one thing led to another and things got a little heated. Anyway, I apologised and said I would take it off, which I did. I also removed all the other photos I rigged up. So, I'm pacing the floor, my head is about to explode I'm so pissed. Then it hits me, well it took a while, more like it poured over me like molasses. It doesn't matter if I think he over reacted or if I think h was being too sensitive. It doesn't matter if I meant no harm or that I thought it was funny. What matters is, he didn't think it was funny and I hurt him. Who am I to decide what's funny or not if it's at someone else's expense? Just because it wouldn't bother me doesn't mean it wouldn't bother someone else, and the last thing I want to do is hurt someones feelings, especially someone I care for. So, that being said, I would like to apologise to any one I have offended, upset, pissed off, teased, poked fun at, ragged on, or made mad. Those were not, or ever, my intentions. I hope you will except this apology in the manner and spirit that it is given.

Adios,
~e~

PS Everybody feel better now?

No comments: