Friday, March 6, 2009

3 Albums

Hello friends,


About a bunch of years ago I was a skinny, goofy kid, sittin' on the edge of my bed trying to figure out how to operate the crappy Strat copy guitar I owned. Ok see, the music that was played on the radio back then was by groups like Abba, Fleetwood Mac, Heart, Boston, Foreigner, Queen, Supertramp, Bob Seger, The Eagle, Rush, blah blah blah, yuck yuck yuck. I didn't like it but I figured that if there was anything better out there 'it' would be played insted of that junk. Now, I'm not saying I don't have fond memories of that music. Like I have said a million times "The sound track of my life is set to shitty music" You know, making out in my 1965 Mustang while 'More Than A Feeling' played on the radio. Every song was either a my heart is broken or I love my baby song. Any way my sister Jane comes home from NYC looking all freaky and she had a box of records with her. I had never heard of the cats on any of those vinal discs but they looked freaky too. I asked if I could borrow the box and she said "No, but you can take three. When you return them you can get three more" So I picked three out solely by the covers. I took them home and I have been broken ever since. This is what the records looked like.

***************************************

And this is what they sounded like. This is when music pumped. Man, this is how I felt inside when I was a kid....I still do. I really loved the Dead Boys cause they were wild, nasty, and loud, but still had rock and roll chops and Cheetah and Jimmy played cool guitars.

The Damned turned me on cause it was recorded so raw and rough

The Ramones were like nothing I had ever heard before. These cats truely changed my life.



Adios,
~e~



No comments: