Thursday, April 30, 2009

State Sponsored Rock 'n' Roll

Hello Friends,

Hey, Oklahoma has a state rock 'n' roll song! The Governor signed some very important document and we got the honor of paying for it with our tax dollars. And best of all, the song that was chosen really rocks. It rocks out, man! The song that won was 'Mind Games' by John Lenn........oh wait, I'm sorry, that's the song it sounds exactly like. It was 'Do You Realize' by the Flaming Lips. Man-O-man, I wonder if Gov. Henry realizes that that song sucks. Christ, I was looking over the nominees and it was pitiful. I did my part and voted for 'Home Sweet Oklahoma' by Leon Russell. J.J. Cale would have been great, as would have Wanda Jackson. But The Call or The All-American Rejects? And who the hell is John Moreland and the Black Gold Band? Black Gold Band??? What kind of stupid name is that for a band? That's as bad as the Charburger Band or the Muskogee Tractor Pull Band. I hate band names with the word band in the name. Why didn't Hanson get nominated? They are as rock -n- roll as the Flaming Lips. They completely forgot Eddie Cochran. And you know who else they forgot? Take a stab in the dark with a fork. Me, by God, that's who. And you wanna know why I didn't get nominated? Cause it's a conspiracy that the Governor started that's why. He has never forgiven me for that time I accidentally mashed his foot with a crochet mallet while tring to kill a spider at Mardi Gras back in 94. And you wanna know why I deserve it? Well, I'm gonna tell y'all. I deserve it cause it takes big balls to be as crappy as I am and still get up there and do it. That's why, damn it. If you haven't had the pleasure of seeing one of my shows, trust me, it's awful. It's easy if your talented. Big bunch of gifted sissies, that's what they are. Sissies, I tell you.

But, I guess I should be happy that our state rock 'n' roll song was ripped from John Lennon and not Styx. Yuck!

Here are some good ol', down home, Oklahoma boys that voted for Hamp Baker, drank whiskey behind the Cains Ballroom, and swam at the Blue Whale. Here are the Druckers.




Adios,
~e~

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

Glad to hear your rant over state issued rock song. I think it sucks too.