Tuesday, November 17, 2009

'Our' Song

Hello friends,

Well, the break up is still brakin'. But, while I was on guard duty here at Fort Mullet, keepin' all the normal people on their side of the river, I was thinkin' about all the smart girls that were dumb enough to get involved with me and what 'our' songs were. I drew a big fat blank. But I did come up with some songs (good or bad) that had something to do, somehow, with our relationship (good or bad) Be that as it may, whenever I hear these tunes it makes me think of that girl. Not 'That Girl' the TV show but 'the' girl I was messin' around with. Got it?

I will only use their first names soz not to embarrass any of'um. You know, cause they were my 'girl friend'. Now, this goes all the way back to 3rd grade and the first girl I ever got to smooch (who broke up with me cause I accidentally pulled her pants off ((I swear it was an accident))) so you can't really hold hangin' out with me against some of'um.



Lani ~ I'm A Believer - The Monkees

Leslie ~ Wild Fire - Michael Martin Murphy

Melodie ~ Silly Love Songs - Paul McCartney and Wings

Lee Ann ~ I Love A Rainy Night - Eddie Rabbit

Shelly ~ Here Comes My Girl ~ Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Shelly II ~ Peace, Love, and Understanding - Elvis Costello

Jana ~ To Drunk To F**k - Dead Kennedys

Lynda ~ Walk This Way - RUN DMC w/ Areosmith

Michelle ~ Don't Worry Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin

Caroline ~ True Fine Love - Steve Miller Band

Pam ~ After Midnight - Eric Clapton

Carmen ~ Walking After Midnight - Patsey Cline

Sonya ~ Pulling Mussels - Squeeze

For some reason these songs connected themselves to these girls somewhere in my mind. Some of the songs make me smile and some don't. But all of the girls make me smile, cause I tend to always think about the good parts instead of the bad ones. The fun things we did and not the fights. I think it's better that way...but what do I know.

And Tracy...well....Tracy gets two ~
I us'ta sit around the house and play this song on my guitar. Tracy loved 'The Cars'.


I sang this to her one night while dancing in the living room with no music. I really liked slow dancing with her with no music playing. I'm just weird like that. I'm just a fucking idiot.


Adios,
~e~







No comments: